The new Catholic school rapidly being built on Colonel William Parkway between Dewsbury Drive and Richview Boulevard has been named.
Set to open it’s doors to students and staff on September 5th, 2012, the school has been referred thus far as West Oak Trails #5. Following a June 5th meeting of the Halton Catholic District School Board, Trustees approved the name St. Mary’s Catholic Elementary School.
The name was chosen in honour of the very first Catholic elementary school to open in Halton, way back in 1856. The school was situated where St. Andrews Church is today downtown Oakville.
For more information or to make an inquiry about the school, contact the school’s principal Carol Hryhorsky at 905 632 4814 ext. 5090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.